To upgrade laptop RAM means to increase your laptop RAM to a larger capacity. If you had 4GB RAM before, a typical laptop ram upgrade would be to buy another 4GB RAM stick which would make a total of 8GB RAM.
In 2019, having 8GB RAM is the minimum for gaming laptops and productive laptops but for the casual laptop users that use their laptops for daily office routine work like word processing, excel spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations, a computer with 4GB RAM will do all that very well.
Upgrade laptop RAM comes out of a need for better performance, a faster laptop, and a better working environment. That’s why there are many reasons why you should upgrade your laptop’s RAM before it’s too late.
So many of us make use of a laptop every day, we know a lot about software and how to use them, but we don’t know much about the hardware side of a computer.
Long story short, to upgrade laptop RAM, you would need to know a little about laptop hardware, just the basics can get you through a laptop RAM upgrade.
What is Laptop RAM
The full meaning of RAM is Random Access Memory, and it is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to improve your computer’s performance.
The RAM is one of the many components responsible for your system’s overall performance; if you have a low RAM, your system would lack in performance thereby making your computer run at a slow speed than initially planned.
Why I Should Upgrade My Laptop RAM
- To improve your laptop bootup speed and this enables you to work on your computer earlier than before.
- To increase the file transfer speed when copying files from USB flash drive or hard drive to your computer.
- To improve overall system performance and workflow.
- To increase the overall rate the computer executes tasks runs processes and completes them.
- To reduce lagging and overheating problems due to slow programs and tasks.
- To improve the hours, you can actively work on your laptop thus utilizing your battery life well.
- To make you enjoy your computer and not make you regret or think that you wasted your money.
Best ways to Upgrade Laptop RAM in 2019
- Check your current laptop RAM configuration. Do you have 1 stick or 2 sticks of RAM already?
- Check your RAM module, if it’s DDR3 or DDR4.
- Check the laptop RAM pins, so you buy the exact laptop RAM that works on your computer.
- Check the Laptop RAM frequency of the old RAM stick and how much can your laptop handle.
All these checks are possible when you use TechPowerUp MemTest64 tool.
Laptop RAM Upgrade Paths for 2019
Minimum Recommendation: 2GB + 2GB making 4GB RAM for casual office laptops and workers.
Recommended Graphics Card: 4GB + 4GB making 8GB RAM for gamers, image editors.
Best Graphics Card in the market: 8GB + 8GB making 16GB RAM for serious gamers, video editors, animation, app developer, streamer and YouTuber etc.
Those are some of the best ways to upgrade laptop RAM and the best laptop RAM upgrade paths for you in 2019.
21 Must-Have Summer Vacation Devices
Summer is a season characterized by people from different nations moving from one part of the globe to the other. Use 21 summer vacation devices now.
The Best Gaming Laptop Guide 2019 Edition
This best gaming laptop guide 2019 edition will help you filter through the confusing information and get you the best laptop parts for your budget.
How to Know the Best Prebuilt Gaming PC under $800
The best prebuilt gaming PC under $800 is necessary for beginner gamers that want to take gaming seriously this year, you need an $800 prebuilt gaming PC.
Which is the Best Travel Laptop under $500 (Detailed Guide)
The best travel laptop under $500 is something every traveler should have because it's portable and powerful enough to perform all work related task.
How to Identify the Best Laptop for Streaming Movies in 2020
The best laptop for streaming movies in 2020 is my favorite because we stream everyday and we need the best laptops with 4K screen display.
4 Best Premium Link Generators for Unlimited Premium Downloading
Do you want to download files for free from premium hosting sites like uploaded, hotlink, rapidgator etc? Use these best premium link generators.